One Year stand with ISB

This Blog aims to capture my affair with ISB and beyond.

Name:
Location: Hyderabad, India

I promise not to make this a chronicle of events unfolding in ISB or the world in general. These posts will generally qualify those events with my thoughts. At the same time I promise it will be enjoyable :-)

Saturday, April 22, 2006

"ISB Rocks"

That was the chant which resonated more than any of the section chants when the fun and games filled Orientation Week came to an end on Friday with the talent nite. Our section managed to get a third place in the talent nite and some bonus points for the mesmerizing chant. Hats Off and thanks to the alums who stayed back from last year to give us a wonderful and smooth transition into the rigorous academic life @ ISB.

Now starts the actual grind of the program as we start off with the preterms comprising of 3 core subjects. My mind is still trying to cope with the fact that I took this decision - of going back to academic life when I was fully set in my career. But thats what defines me. Putting myself in chaos when life is smooth sailing. There wouldnt be any order if there were no chaos. And what is life but an unending cycle of order and chaos. If life has to stay in any one of the two stages then its boring and unlife. That again brings me back to the eternal unanswered question: What would life be when ones attains nirvana, salvation or eternal life? How boring that would be. Well I ll treat this question in depth in my forthcoming posts :-D.

Coming back to chaos they are just starting to take shape. My ISB mail box is inundated with millions of mails trying to get me enrolled in one or the other clubs or informing me of other trivia going on in campus. Some are replies to mails sent earlier which ideally shouldnt have ended up in my mail box. Sometimes people are so naive that they dont understand and respect other people's time. I spent a better part of 2 hours trying to separate the wheat from the chaff. Though its heartening to note the enthu of the crowd in campus, it would be better if fellow mates start exercising caution and discretion before clicking that 'send' button. Email is a wonderful instrument of communication but is more often abused than used. Hopefully I guess the number of mails will go down once the focus shifts to academics. Now the ship is sailing in the shallow waters without a captain and without objectives. Once those get defined we should be set for the real chaos of the high seas.

As of now I cannot help thinking about George Michael's words in 'Careless Whispers'

I feel so unsure, as I take your hand and lead you to the dance floor.

Hope to dance a smooth and synchronous ballet in the next 1 year. May the powers that Be, be with Me (and all fellow mates).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home