One Year stand with ISB

This Blog aims to capture my affair with ISB and beyond.

Name:
Location: Hyderabad, India

I promise not to make this a chronicle of events unfolding in ISB or the world in general. These posts will generally qualify those events with my thoughts. At the same time I promise it will be enjoyable :-)

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Readings

I think I have broken all my previous records of the highest number of pages read per week in the first half week of the Core terms itself. The last time I remember reading so much was when I was hooked on to Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. But there is a difference: Atlas Shrugged was simply unputdownable and these books are so putdownable. But the subjects are really interestinig and the profs are also doing a wonderful job. One more thing that is interested is the CP (Class Participation) in the class. Helps in alleviating the drudgery a little.

The LRC in ISB has a very good DVD collection. Just the other day I was watching 'Wall Street'. Noted a wonderful quote from Bud Fox (Chalie Sheen) to Gordon Gekko (Michael Douglas):

All warfare is based on deception,
If your enemy is superior, evade him,
If he is angry, irritate him,
If equally matched, fight
And if not, split and reevaluate...

A great marketing strategy considering that enemy means your competitors? Hmmmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home