One Year stand with ISB

This Blog aims to capture my affair with ISB and beyond.

Name:
Location: Hyderabad, India

I promise not to make this a chronicle of events unfolding in ISB or the world in general. These posts will generally qualify those events with my thoughts. At the same time I promise it will be enjoyable :-)

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Girls and Phones

A dog is a man's best friend?
Well for a woman its different. A woman's best friend is the cellular phone which like them comes in all shapes and sizes. They hang it around their neck and let it kiss their ears for hours together. And this has become alltogether more profound on the campus. If you can find a member of the fairer sex not talking to anybody then she is probably talking on the phone (I can say with 95% confidence from the random sample I randomly collected). Well this also proves one more thing: Women love to talk. Some of the data points (time spent on the phone) have been huge outliers, ranging from 1 hour to a maximum of 2 and a half hours which my friend recorded (Thanks M). Actually this was the motivation for the research :-).

Hope I dont get bashed up the next time I am on campus :-

Coming back to academics, its become absolutely difficult to concentrate on all things said in class. And this has been a common problem too. But I have a small workaround: I just listen. I Dont think, dont evaluate. Just listen. But believe me, there is always a temptation to evaluate or try to unerstand what is being said. If you can fight over the temptation then I think life should be easier. This also requires a belief that whatever the prof says is correct and true !! which means you just need to sit there like a robot, and hang on to every word coming from the prof as if your life depends on it. You can spend some time later, evaluating it. I ll try to put this into practice right away. Readers are requested to try this and let me know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chaitanya Sagar said...

You will do well in stats!

Cheers,
CS

10:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite a few careful observations I see,hmm. Anyways, getting to the serious queries, if they permit, try recording the critical lectures. That's my take. It did help me in School. Focus my friend focus, the fair sex come later.....

Cheers mate,

5:19 pm  
Blogger Bon said...

Hey cmon Mon, u know Women make the best topic of discussions. And one tidbit here and there never harmed anyone rt? So wassup at Mpls?

7:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home