One Year stand with ISB

This Blog aims to capture my affair with ISB and beyond.

Name:
Location: Hyderabad, India

I promise not to make this a chronicle of events unfolding in ISB or the world in general. These posts will generally qualify those events with my thoughts. At the same time I promise it will be enjoyable :-)

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Midterms

Lotsa things are happening around. The GSB (student board) presidential elections, CAS sessions, LDPs and the biggie: midterms. It seems like ages since I last took the examination paraphernalia and stumbled into a classroom full of anxious faces. It also brings to mind the unpleasant experience I had had during my second year engineering exam. It was the electrical engineering exam and I was busy slogging, when the director of exams walked in. I didnt even notice him, but he stopped at my desk, and pulled a brand new copy of Theraja (The electrical engineering textbook), from a corner of my desk. I was totally flabbergasted. Apparently I had forgotten to keep the book back in my bag and it was lying there all the time, unnoticed not only by me but also the invigilator who distributed the papers. I was so frightened that I could see th e sword of a 'Keep Term' hanging over me instantaneously. I pleaded with the director who didnt argue, just gave me a cold look and walked off with my Theraja. I thought I was done for. The invigilator came and started giving me gyaan and scaring me that he will be back and you will be banned from the exam. I still remember the intense pressure under which I completed the remaining half of the paper, half of my attention always at the door.

But surprisingly nothing happened that day. So it was an agonising wait till the declaration of the results. More surprisingly, the results were also good and I managed to get a good score. So the only thing I lost was a brand new copy of Theraja. As Shah Rukh said in DDLJ (or was it DTPH?)

Ache logon ke saath acha hota hai (Good things happen to good people). Thus this also proved that I am good :-)))

But this time strangely there is no fear, no anxiety just plain indifference. I think I ll be jolted into reality once I get the term 1 grades :-).

The soap box for the GSB president was held this week in which the candidates were given a chance to sell themselves to the junta. Wouldnt comment on any of them, but it seems there is a general lack of interest among the student community to enter into politics. The elections were held today and we ll have the results probably by this weekend. There is a strange pattern among the candidates: All have names starting with P,... hmmm, I wonder if that was an unwritten criteria to become Mr President :-??

1 Comments:

Blogger Anu said...

Oops. I didn't notice that all the nominee names for the GSB president starts with P. Great observation:-)

11:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home