One Year stand with ISB

This Blog aims to capture my affair with ISB and beyond.

Name:
Location: Hyderabad, India

I promise not to make this a chronicle of events unfolding in ISB or the world in general. These posts will generally qualify those events with my thoughts. At the same time I promise it will be enjoyable :-)

Monday, May 22, 2006

Mid terms and email etiquettes

Hey, long time no c! Was swept off by the Mid term tsunami. But as always Father time has healed all the pains and here I go, ready for the next one. I think these are all adjustment blues and teething problems and labour pains and things of the sort. I ll do fine... yeah I ll do fine..probably...

Just kidding guys. Its been more than a month since the one year affair started with ISB and as expected I am going thru the pains like a forlorn lover. But the decision of coming here and accepting her proposal was one made from the heart and not from the mind. Ofcourse the mind was all out for it. But this was a rare occasion when both concurred. And I had no choice but to go for it. As the song goes ('Julia' by flatlanders):

Now what's a few miles between the beauty and the beast (ISB and me)
What's it mean when angels keep flying by above
Storm clouds gatherin' round the full moon in the east (in middle east of India ie Hyd)
I was empty-headed but my heart was full of love

Now my empty headedness is causing all the problems, but when your heart is full of love u sail thru, rt?

Well the air is full of election and soapbox preparations. And there are a lot of consequent email wars being fought in our Inboxes. This is really naive and immature (I know they mean the same thing but required here for emphasis). People just dont know how to respect the written word and end up being sarcastic and hurting each other. If there is one system that is highly abused (not only in ISB but everywhere) most prominently is the email. After all it is much easier to write some crap and press the send button without checking out the To list than pick up the phone and speak the same crap right. When will people realise that if something is bothering them then they need to just pick up the phone and talk to that SPECIFIC person rather than write a mail and cc everybody. Hmmm lil bit hard but very effective, dontcha think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home