One Year stand with ISB

This Blog aims to capture my affair with ISB and beyond.

Name:
Location: Hyderabad, India

I promise not to make this a chronicle of events unfolding in ISB or the world in general. These posts will generally qualify those events with my thoughts. At the same time I promise it will be enjoyable :-)

Monday, July 24, 2006

Term 2 exams, vacations and the blasts

This brief hiatus was a result of - as most of you must have realised - term end exams and 4 days of vacation. Well the exams were terrible and then I visited dear ol rain ravaged mumbai to cool my heels. There it was raining cats dogs and mice and the hugh humidity made sure that if you are not wetted by the rain you will atleast be wetted by sweat. While coming back to the airport I deliberately took the local to find out if anything was changed after the blasts. It was a Sunday afternoon and I could see atleast 3 to 5 men in uniforms in almost all the 5 odd stations I had to pass. So the number would definitely go up during peak hours on weekdays. But does it help now? The damage has already been done...

It was another lazy Sunday afternoon, more than 1 year back and I had come down from my apartment to take some fresh air, when I saw this man from my building. I had seen him before but hadnt spoken. We smiled and started a conversation. He told me about his job, his family and I told him about mine. It was a casual acquaintance after that and the usual smiles and hellos during society meetings etc.

He regularly used to take the evening local train from Churchgate to Borivili and always used to travel in a first class compartment. On 11th July too, he took the local, but never returned home...

This post is dedicated to him

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home