One Year stand with ISB

This Blog aims to capture my affair with ISB and beyond.

Name:
Location: Hyderabad, India

I promise not to make this a chronicle of events unfolding in ISB or the world in general. These posts will generally qualify those events with my thoughts. At the same time I promise it will be enjoyable :-)

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Cities in love

Hyderabad and the surrounding campus is becoming more beautiful by the day. As the harsh sun is slowly giving way to the oncoming monsoons all the trees, birds and insects on the campus (including us lesser mortals) are excited and are coming out in all their beautiful colours. Even the little frogs on campus are beautiful and friendly. I can see peacocks outside my living room window wandering about with their not as beautiful female counterparts. I am yet to see a peacock dance though. The leaves on the neem tree outside my balcony keep rustling in the wind and the birds of all shapes and sizes try to find a place on it.

Cities do this to me. They unleash all their charm once I enter into one. There were unseasonal rains in Hyderabad when I first landed which was a sort of welcoming sign. I remember my first day in almost all the city I visited. The first day in Pune was a late July day which was very pleasant and green and beautiful. It was a pleasant transition after years of hot and humid climate in mumbai. Melbourne was the most lovable city I ever visited. I landed in Melbourne during the beginning of summer in October when Melbourne was becoming more beautiful by the day. I think that was the city which was in love with me the most. It pampered me with cool breezes, sudden showers to bring the heat down when temperatures touched 40, the beautiful botanical garden just a block away from my home, the yarra river, Flinder's Street station, Victoria Market, St Kilda Beach, the walk on Toorak Road and I can go on and on. Melbourne will always remember me for years to come !! Phoenix was another city which fell in love with me and literally stopped my trip back to mumbai out of sheer jealosy. Minneapolis introduced me to full time snow and had its own charm in winter. I actually built my first snowman there. But as they say, 'been around the world, there's no place like home, O Mumbai'. We share a love and hate relationship. When I am in mumbai I grow restless, when I am out of it, I long to go back. But wherever I go, whatever I do, she knows I will always come back to her.

Meanwhile on campus, assignments per weekend are averaging to 3. Next weekend will go in preparing for the first term exams. But silly, immature and crappy mails are still floating around in the Inboxes. The directors for the GSB have been elected and they are all set to deliver on their promises. I learnt to play Foosball which isnt as boring as I had previously imagined. Infact I think that is the most wonderful indoor game. Preparations havent started yet for the Term exams next week. Looking forward to the first term break...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

7:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

1:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

10:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home