One Year stand with ISB

This Blog aims to capture my affair with ISB and beyond.

Name:
Location: Hyderabad, India

I promise not to make this a chronicle of events unfolding in ISB or the world in general. These posts will generally qualify those events with my thoughts. At the same time I promise it will be enjoyable :-)

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Look Heru, Look Theru, everywheru Haiderabadu...

The term 1 exams got over on the 6th and since then the campus is wearing a deserted sleepy look. Half of the bunch has gone to meet mamma and pappa and ofcourse special friends. The exams were some huge brain chewers and it is such a huge relief that they are over. The next term is starting tomorrow and the huge coursepacks are lying clean and unblemished on the table. The thought of opening them has crossed my mind several times but as yet I have been unsuccessful. But I know sooner or later I will have to open them and enable the flow of knowledge through my mind's circuit which will undoubtedly offer a huge resistance.

Kandy and I decided to go on Hyderabad darshan yesterday. First we went to Charminar, where there was a narrow spiral and dirty staircase to go to the top. The view from the top was very good and we could see the entire old city. The thing that was striking (well it no longer strikes me) was the unkempt, disorganised and inprofessional way in which our country people choose to keep our historical monuments and places. The Bhool Bhoolaiya in Lucknow is another example. I had a nightmarish experience there and ended up without seeing the entire structure. If only India can wake up and start maintaining these places professionally so that tourists have a good experience of the rich history and culture of our wonderful country. This would also make good business sense and there is a lot of money to be earned.

The next place we visited were the Lumbini gardens. It wasa very well maintained place and we also went on a boat ride to the centre of the Husain sagar lake where stands erect the tallest statue of Lord Buddha in India. This place unlike Charminar is very well maintained and Kandy and I had a wonderful time there. However the most fascinating and paisa vasool part of our entire endeavor was the Laser Show just outside Lumbini Park. Initially I thought it was similar to the one in Brindavan Gardens in Mysore. But this experience was incredible. Apart from the display of water fountains dancing in sync to popular music numbers, there was a good 15 min film on the history and culture of Hyderabad projected on a wall of water. Whatever I could make out of the melodious song is mentioned in the title :-). The last part was chaala best.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

9:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

4:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home